beishir

beishir

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2) - Ransom Riggs After reading [b:Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children|9460487|Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)|Ransom Riggs|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1388176108s/9460487.jpg|14345371] it was with mixed emotions that I learned there would be a second part to the story. I wondered what further Riggs could bring to the story and was afraid that the author would dilute or destroy the ideas that he presented so well in the first book.

I would have thought it difficult after such an abundance of new ideas presented in "Miss Peregrine..." for Riggs to expand upon his thoughts. But, he manages to do just that.

The second book picks up at the moment the first book left off, with the band of peculiar children fleeing the island sanctuary that they had known for 70 years and the wraiths in hot pursuit. It follows them through new loops and through the meeting of new characters.

All-in-all, I would say, that Riggs did not disappoint. He managed to not only expand upon ideas that he presented earlier but also builds the story to a point of anticipation of a third part and the hope for many additional parts later.

4 STARS